6. Side planks
Now back to strengthening that crucial core. Side planks also work wonders on the whole body overall but they require a lot of careful movements; try to do these gradually and with ease for the best results.
How to do it
1. First lie on onside of your body. Place one leg and foot onto the other, then with the arm placed on the ground, pull your body up against gravity.
2. Make sure while doing these side planks that there is emphasis and pressure on your core and spinal region. Your body must be in a straight line, as the hips and knees are lifted above the ground.
3. Just be careful not to strain your back or knees as you do at least 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps. And of course work both sides of your body.
Burpees are a definite way of getting the juices flowing through your body. They are also simple, effective, and fun but of course will leave you breathing heavy and feeling the burn.
How to do it
1. Start by standing up with your feet shoulder-width apart with your arms hanging on the sides. Propel your arms forward and begin to squat towards the ground, and swiftly change into a push up position.
2. Then pull your legs back up towards your chest, and then jump up and fall back in the initial position.
3. You can do these for about 3 sets or about 10 reps.